When making a trip to Turkey for a medical treatment, what are the essential documents I need to carry along?
- Medical History/ Records/ Test reports/ Doctor referral notes/ X-rays
- Contact details – Residence card/ Driver’s license/ Passport copies
- Passport size photos – keep 10-15 in hand for various purposes
- Bank statement/ Details of Health insurance, if any
Should I take vaccinations before coming to Turkey?
Vaccinations and up-to-date immunizations are a safeguard for any international travel. However, please check with your doctor in Oman as well as the hospital in Turkey as to what should be taken. The recommended vaccinations will normally be among the following:
- Diptheria Pertussis and Tetanus (DPT)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- Polio (Oral Polio Vaccine or Injectable Polio Vaccine)
- Hemophilus b conjugate vaccine (Hib)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B (when stay goes beyond 60 days)
- Japanese B encephalitis (JBE)
Will hospitals assist in airport transfers?
Yes, it is possible for hospitals to arrange for transfers from the airport to the hotel/hospital - usually this is a complimentary service provided by hospitals. Kindly communicate the same along with your travel schedule to the hospital and a guest relationship executive will be available at the time of your arrival. Others will intimate, if it is payable.
Will it be possible for my family members/attendant travelling with me to obtain Medical Visas as well?
All attendants and/or family members accompanying patients to Turkey for medical treatment will be required to apply for the Medical Attendant visa (MEDX) co-terminus with the Medical visa of the patient. A letter from the hospital will be useful here as well.
Who are the permitted attendants and how many can travel?
Spouse of children of the patient and blood relatives are accepted as attendants. Not more than two attendants are usually allowed.
What are the requirements for obtaining my medical visa?
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of passport
- Copy of online filled form
- Proof of Residential Address
- Recommendations from the home country doctor to visit particular specialized medical center for treatment
- Passport copy of the attendant
- Proof of relationship with the attendant
- Medical reports
How long is a medical visa valid for?
The initial duration of a medical visa is for one year or for the period of treatment - whichever is less. All medical visas are valid for a maximum of three entries a year.
If a necessity of a repeat visit arises, how many times can I enter using the same visa?
A maximum of 3 entries are allowed in one year.
If my treatment is prolonged, will I be provided assistance with the extension of my visa?
Medical and Medical Attendant visas can be extended. This depends on the condition of the patient and patients are expected to file all required medical documents for the application of the same.